- Haemophilus is blood loving.
- X and V factors (hemin ? and NAD) are required to survive aerobically.
- purpuric fever - breakage of blood vessels, result in purple staining of skin (purpuric rash)
- catarrhal stage - cataric used to mean cold symptoms
- convalescent stage - Could last several months
Haemophilus influenzae B
- Most virulent
- causes meningitis in infants
- pneumonia and septic arthritis
Haemophilus influenzae (non ?type)
- Causes otitis media, sinusitis, or pneumonia (adult)
Haemophilus influenzae (aegyptius)
- chancroid (sexually transmitted)
- found in carribean