- Emphasizing connection between health and other social factors (Economy, Sociology, Anthropology)
International Projects & Fundraising
- Improved communication and coordination between Tanzania, China and India projects
- Coordinated fundraising within faculty
- Protection of Tanzia Project's funding sources
- Exploration of new funding sources for China and India
- Are both projects feasable?
- Setting up named annual studentships for international projects
- Airmiles donations from international researchers
- Plan fundrasing strategy, learn some fundraising
Common Ground for the Projects
- Scholarship fund
- Fundraising territory devision
- Multi-site research projects
- Web resources
- Dr. John Howard
- Dr. Checceto (spelling ?)
- Tanya Raha
- Nelvia Van Dorp
- Sachdeep Rehsia
- Jackie Joza, Hippocratic Council International Health Coordinator (IHI)
- Dinesh Krishna (IHI)
- Lisa Mu (IHI)
- Julie Johnstone (MO)
- Quang Ngo (MO)
- Other MO members
- Puja Kumar (MSIC)
- Megan Acsai (MSIC)
- Nathanial Dostrovsky (MSIC)
- Add other MSIC members
- Add medoutreach people
- Dr. Joanna Santa Barbara, McMaster
- Dr. Allan Connoley (spelling ?)
- Dr. Paula Donahue
48 Rosebery Pl.
Handover Meeting 5 September 2004
Fundraising Meeting 13 September 2004
- Present: Shiraz, Azad, Thiv
- Food: Chicken by Shiraz
- Fundraising info package (Azad)
- What is the Money for?
- Outreach projects
- International project scholarship fund
- Speaker series
- Countries covered by global health discussions/events
- Scholarship fund
- Purpose of the fund
- Who will qualify
- Fund and the outreach projects. Do we want their help? What do we want to propose at the retreat?
- Terms (naming, multi year commitment)
- How much money - Different sizes?
- What will the donors get
- Fundraising Ideas
- Contacting big people
- Eye on Asia (Shiraz)
- Nav Pathia of Hundai of Mississauga (Shiraz)
- MPPs (Shiraz)
- Thiv's uncle contact into the Indian money pot community
- List of Philanthropists (Azad send to Shiraz)
- International food fair (london restaurants) with proceeds going to Global Health
- Legal issues?
- Venue: Great Hall, (Shiraz)
- List of restaurants - getting some responses (Thiv)
- Holding fundraisers at USC (Shiraz)
- 50-50 draw
- T-shirts (Shiraz on prices)
- Local Sponsorships (pictures from the projects framed, sold to businesses)
- Clinics (medical/dental)
- Art/photo exhibit with $5 ticket and auction
- IHI/MSIC fundraising ideas
- Small-scale publicity/fundraising attempts.
- Culture lunches? Open to wider audience.
- Food sales (Samosa) wider audience Chai, Cold Drinks.
- Film screenings.
- Guess how much Sach's hair is...
- Diwali (Date)
Speakers Series 16 September 2004
- Goal: To have an event in early-mid October
- Presentation on being involved with Global Health (with Dr. Howard or Dr. Checceto) and Students presenting their summer electives (first week october- Dennis contact Dr. Howard figure out good date, book room, uwo meds entry)
- Movie night followed by wine and cheese with faculty involved in IH projects (Azad send Dennis faculty list) (late october first week november)
- Info session from medical organizations that take med students (Eisar compiling List)
- Eisar to start gathering photos from students and faculty (list of names first)
- Pooling contacts (Everyone add contact info to GHIG page or send to Azad)
- Family Medicine collaborative event (December)
- Azad send out exec list and wiki address to all exec as well as dinner invitation
- Send Eisar contact for Simona Powell to see if MSF docs can give presentations (Also War Child, Unicef, Other Groups).
- Stephen Lewis (Jenn, Dennis)
- Perspectives on International Medical Intervention (from various groups like MSF) panel discussion aim for week of march 28th (group: Azad, Tanya, Dennis, Eisar, Jenn, Tarek, Thiv, Smita, Dan) - Azad write brief description of event send to group and faculty or feedback, then get contact info, send out letters... (invovle other student groups and other universities Amnesty, War Child)
- Global Health and International Economics, Society - in house speakers (med school, nursing, ivey, etc) on how even practicing just in Canada you are still effected by thest issues
- Potential External Speaker List: Dennis gathering Tanya Nelvia external speaker list, to send to Eisar who will append it to the faculty email for wine and cheese mingler and ask for more names
- Mac conference - Womens Health in Global Health... Next friday (Jenn)
- GHIG Website rush Activites and Plans